The new name for energy
Chia seeds (salavia hispanica) are recognized since the time of the ancient civilizations and played an important role as a source of energy for the Mayans and the Incas. Because of the remarkable features of the seed Mayans called it "Chia" which means "Strength".
The Chia seed is the richest plant source of Omega-3 fatty acids (over 30%), Omega-6 fatty acids (10%), proteins and powerful antioxidants. This "super seed" as the nutritionists call it is an excellent source of essential minerals (phosphorus, manganese, calcium and zinc) and a high percentage of dietary fiber.
Did you know that?
Chia seeds contain:
- 8 x more Omega-3 than salmon
- 30% more antioxidants than blackberries
- 25% more fiber than flax seed
- 5 x more calcium than milk
Chia seeds - New super natural power
Due to its high nutritional value, by implementing the chia seeds in the daily diet, you will begin to acknowledge a series of benefits:
- Increased energy levels and improved mood
- Improved concentration, work capacity and clearer thinking
- Wealth of Omega -3 fatty acids affect the reduction of high blood pressure and reduce cholesterol levels
- Positive impact in maintaining healthy bones - chia seeds contain a high percentage of calcium; one tablespoon of chia seeds contain the same amount of calcium as two glasses of milk
- The high percentage of dietary fiber (soluble and insoluble) in seeds of chia positively affect the digestion of food, peristalsis of the intestines and eliminates the problem of constipation
- Positive impact in maintaining a healthy body weight and slender figure
Four properties of the chia seed which affect the weight reduction:
- Chia seeds have the ability to grow to 12 times its size when added in liquids. That particular characteristic will affect your appetite and make you feel full for a very short time and reduce your intake of food.
- Chia seeds are a nutritional bomb – by consuming them, you will absorb a wealthy sum of Omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, antioxidants, folic acids and essential minerals with minimal calorie intake.
- They are slowly digested in the body, which provides a feeling of fullness longer and slow release of energy. This will help prevent energy shortages that often occur during diets.
- With the addition of chia seeds in the diet you will feel energetic and will be much easier to employ a half an hour walk or other exercises in the daily routine.
Chia - "super seed" in your dish
Chia seeds can simply enter in your daily menu as a healthy supplement in drinks, salads, pasta, soups, desserts, muesli and other foods. They will not change the taste of the food; therefore they only serve to improve the nutritional value of it. Try beginning with 1-2 teaspoons a day, and after a few weeks gradually increase the consumption to 1-2 tablespoons daily.
Chia seeds in 25 healthy combinations
1st. Mix ground chia seed, flax, pumpkin, sunflower or integrals.
2nd: Add chia seeds in freshly drained juice from fruits or vegetables
3rd: Add to the clear juice to dense up the structure and enrich it
4th: Mix it in a blender with fresh fruit, with seeds and Vitalia muesli of your choice and prepare a homemade energy drink
5th: Stir chia seeds in milk shakes
6th: Add chia seeds to muesli meals with milk
7th: Mince the seeds of chia, dip the remains in hot milk and make porridge
8th Morning fruit salad with honey and nuts seasoned with chia seeds
9th Mix ground chia seeds with butter and keep healthier for the Morning Prayer breakfast
10th Stir in yogurt
11th Eat them clean as they are
12th Add minced chia seeds in wheat and prepare delicious and healthy bread
13th Make honey bread combining poppy seeds and chia seeds
14th Make pancakes with ground chia seeds, wheat, milk and eggs
15th Add chia seeds to blended in eggs and leave them soaked for 10 min and make an omelet
16th Whilst chia seeds in soup to enrich its nutritionist value
17. Sprinkle chia seeds on salads or add it to its seasoning
18. Add the already cooked lentils, spinach and other stews
19. Add chia seeds in already cooked rice
20th. Healthy dietary meatballs from zucchini and soy crumbles
21. Whilst chia seeds in sauces for pasta
22. Make mashed potatoes into a healthier option - let the chia seeds stand in milk and then add it to mashed potatoes
23. Make chia pudding with soy milk or regular milk.
24th Chia seed can also be an excellent addition to cakes
25th Mix chia seeds in creams for cakes
.... And that’s not all. Be creative, use your imagination and implement this "super seed" in your favorite dishes for more health and energy.
Item No.1600014 - Chia Seed 250 g.